The Fordham Real Estate Institute (REI) recently held the third event in its Visionary Series CCL: The Future Role of CRE, a five-year campaign tied to the 250th anniversary of the United States in 2026. The virtual panel discussion, Show Us the Money: How Providers Will View Risk and Capital for the Next Five Years took place on March 18 and gathered together the country’s leading minds in real estate finance to discuss the future of capital investments, where the money is coming from, the government’s role and how financial prospects will shape-up over the next five years.
The event, moderated by Tony Fineman, Senior Managing Director, Head of East and Midwest Originations, ACORE, focused on topics such as what asset classes are the most attractive to lenders and investors, the impact of the COVID-19 crisis compared to previous events that the industry as weathered, how the pandemic has changed the way financing is handled, and more.
Panel participants included:
- Kathy Corton, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Investment Officer and Managing Partner, Hillcrest Finance LLC;
- Kevin Davis, Senior Managing Director, Capital Markets, JLL;
- Michael Medvin, Managing Director, Commercial Lending Mortgage, AIG Asset Management (U.S.) LLC;
- Ethan Penner, Managing Partner, Mosaic Real Estate Investors;
- Jon Mechanic, Chairman of Real Estate Department, Fried Frank; and,
- Greta Guggenheim, CEO and President, TPG Real Estate Finance Trust.
For more information on the discussion, see the full press release here.
Streamline founder Louis Mirando chairs Fordham REI’s Executive Advisory Council.